Friday, September 3, 2010

A Slight Change

It's been a long time in the making... well in my mind that is. I have been wanting a new hairstyle ever since I got to London but haven't had the confidence to actually go through with it. I liked my hair long but it was getting slightly boring and I needed something refreshingly new. I had been umming and ah-ing for a while until there was a moment with my students that made me want/have to do it.

I have started a new teaching position but am teaching the same children I taught last year. When I announced to them that they would be having me as their teacher again, most of them were happy but a couple of children were sad because they were looking foward to having a 'new' teacher. So to cheer them up, I stupidly said 'Don't worry, I'll change my hairstyle so I'll look like a new teacher!". So not wanting to disappoint them, I chopped three quarters of my hair off!


My verdict? I love it! :) ANd have had a very positive reaction from a lot of people which is always a good thing :) Don't know what I was so worried about before! :P


I'm still getting used to it though in terms of styling it. I can't simply tie my hair up in a ponytail anymore. In fact, I can't even tie it it's that short! Time to go looking for different styles of headbands :)

P.S. Europe tour posts are still on their way. Life has been very busy busy busy lately and won't slow down until the end of September.

No comments: