Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Meeting Point

I have found my Melbourne equivalent brunch meeting point - The Breakfast Club. A cute little cafe that reminds me a lot of Mocha Jo's and Coco Lounge, except a little squashy! So if anyone is coming to visit me next year, guess where I'll take you? :)

You know when a place is popular when you choose to line up in the freezing cold waiting for a table.


I had read about The Breafast Club in expat magazines and online reviews but never really explored the option of actually going there to eat. Mel was in town last weekend so Anna suggested this place after having been there during the week with some friends. She hadn't mentioned where we were going but as soon as I saw the cafe, I was excited to finally experience what the reviews had been bragging about. I wasnt disappointed. :)


I had the same as Mel: a vegetarian wrap which was very tasty!

Big servings at reasonable prices, friendly staff, cute decor and a wide selection on the menu from a big English breakfast, to American pancakes (yes, including bacon and maple syrup) to simple cereal or just a refreshing fresh fruit smoothie. I was even more impressed when they served chai latte! :)


Anna's American pancakes

The only small downside was that it was too cramped. I had to bascially sit on the corner of my table because I couldn't fit my chair in properly with the other table been awfully close to us. Note to self: Do not go there with a big group of people!

No comments: