Saturday, March 27, 2010

Home Alone

For one week, Jake and Audrey were away skiing in France and left me in charge of the house. I've realised that living on your own is not that fun. It was great to have the whole place to myself and do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted... but it was very lonely having to come home to an empty house everyday. Hence, after the first two days, I made sure I had some company everynight.

On the Wednesday night, I invited Wern-Yi and Jeremy over for dinner. I was very excited as it was the first time I cooked for dinner guests on my own! Usually I would be the one helping mum in the kitchen. I have to say, hosting a dinner party isn't easy... and I was only cooking for two (well three including myself)! No wonder mum gets so stressed when a whole group of friends are invited over for dinner! The amount of preparation and organisation that goes into a dinner is stressful! lol. But I think I did pretty well for my first attempt. Even if it was only making pizza! :)


The food I prepared before my guests arrived:
roasted vegetables, cheese, various meats and spinach.

I love roasted vegetables: sweet potatoe, zuchinni, capsicums (three different colours), mushrooms, carrots, eggplant and onions.

Meat: chicken, chorizo, ham.
I didn't get a photo of us rolling out the dough. That was tiring! My arms ached after rolling one base out!


Baking in the oven.

The finished product!
Time to serve and eat!

No comments: