Saturday, March 27, 2010

Malaysian Cusine

After a day of shopping and salsa, Wern-Yi, Jeremy and myself needed to catch the bus to our next destination. It was my first time on the top level of the double decker bus and Wern-Yi insisted I capture the moment! I had never wanted to go upstairs to sit as I was too scared I would miss my stop! But it was such an awesome feeling been so high up with a big window view!
The happy couple that shared my experience!

The view from the top level :)

Evidence


So we were on the bus heading to dinner at a place called Awana in South Kensignton. It is a Malaysian restaurant with typical hawker food but all fancied up... including the price! :) We went to this restaurant for two reasons: one - during the chinese new year festivals, I was so disappointed that there weren't any stalls selling satay. So to make up for it, we were on the hunt for good satay. And two - this restaurant was on the Top Table website where it offers specials and discounts.

Wern-Yi had mentioned that there was a place which had a 'Satay Bar'. What's a satay bar you ask? Well, I wasn't sure either... even when we got to the place. I think it's like a normal bar, except instead of selling alcohol, you can just order satay! (see picture below).
The only confusing thing about this 'satay bar' was that it was also the kitchen. So it didn't JUST cook satay.
Anyways, here are the dishes we ate (the food was fabulous!):
Paiti
Spicy Chicken Wings
Chicken Satay
Mixed Vege with Kang Kong in a filo pastry nest.
Coconut Prawns

Beef Rendang


Roti


This was my fruity berry mocktail.
I'm loving restaurants that serve mocktails.
This is a restaurant I will definitely go back to. Not only was the food delicious, the atmosphere and service was also a 10 out of 10! Only flaw would be the cost... but hey, that's what discounts and special vouchers are for! :)

No comments: