Saturday, May 1, 2010

Puttin' on the Ritz!

For my belated birthday present from my parents, mum took me to Afternoon Tea at the famous hotel, The Ritz!




Palm Court:
There are mirrors behind me which is why it may look a lot bigger in the photos online!


Mum is hungry! :P
(No, she didn't eat the middle tier. Our freshly bake scones hadn't arrived yet!)


Top tier: my favourite part... dessert!
Unfortunately, because we left all this till last, we were so full that we only managed to try a little bit of each of them. They wouldn't let is doggy bag them! :(


Middle tier: scones and fruit cake
The scones were a disappointment. (The scones at the metropolitan were much better Mel!)

Bottom tier: sandwiches - cheese, chicken, salmon, cucumber and ham.
The mini rolls on the end tasted like donut dough and had egg mayonnaise in it! They were the best! I had mum's share! :)


Pouring the tea.


Have you tried Rooibos red tea before? Its yummy and good for you! :) I recommend it!



All gone! :) No not really, we just had all the left overs on our plate :P



One of the waiters in their pengiun suit.


Our personal piano player... for everyone in Palm Court that is :)
We could request songs which mum and I did! And he was amazing! He played the songs we requested and more, all without any music to read! I wish I had such talent!


Inside The Ritz

No comments: