Monday, January 24, 2011

Skate Away

For my third weekend in a row of having people from Melbourne visit, my guest for this week was Al - another colleague from Melbourne. He had just returned form Cuba after having an amazing time eating, partying and sightseeing.

He was only in London for one day before he flew off to Hong Kong and then home. So I made so I made time for him and we met for brunch in Covent Gardens (I'll have to find a new place for February :P).


My granola parfait with fresh fruits :)
Thanks for a great catch up Al :) See you in Melbourne at the end of the year!


After sending Al off, I made my way to Oxford Street to meet up with Wern Yi and Jeremy. I've been on the hunt for new bedsheets for a few weeks and finally found one I liked in John Lewis but they didn't have the right size (it always happens to me!). But luckily they have a new batch coming in next weekend so I'll be back there to collect it :)


So the highlight of the day? Ice skating :D
Every year, Somerset House hosts a ice skating rink for the public. It's not cheap (13 pounds) so you couldn't do it even though it was definitely lots of fun!
Ice skating rink in front of Somerset House.


My cool fat ice skates :)


Poor WY struggled to find her balance on the ice but luckily her ice skating pro husband was there to assist :)


It was freezing on the ice!




After about 40mins of skating, WY had had enough. lol.


Somerset at night :)

No comments: