Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday Bros!

So on the 27th and 28th of January, my brothers turned another year older. It was sad not being at home to celebrate their birthdays. I enjoy our family birthday dinners as we get to spend time as a whole family (usually there's one or two of us out and about). And especially now, spending time with the whole family is becoming very rare as we all seem to have caught the travelling bug!

So anyways, because I couldn't be there for my brothers' birthdays, I decided to make up for it by going on the hunt for some meaningful cards and presents. I spent 2 days looking for unusual and unique cards that my brothers would appreciate and hopefully my efforts paid off. I'm not even sure if my brothers have received their cards yet. I sent them last week.

I wasn't in any rush to find them a present as I knew I wouldn't be able to send it back to Melbourne knowing how expensive it would be (not that my brothers aren't worth it). But my mum is coming in April so I'll give it to her to take home.

So first present was found when I went to Spitafield Market the other day. I found something that not only my older brother would like... or at least appreciate the process in which is was made... but it also matched his card! Quite ironic! I won't reveal what the present is here as I want my brother to see it first. But I did take a photo of its packaging :)


After the markets I went to a store called TK-Maxx. It's a factory outlet for all the clothing brands. Audrey loves this place as the prices are between 60-80% off! I'm not a brand person myself but they have some pretty cool stuff for very cheap (compared to RRP). I was browsing for a little while until a black hoodie caught my eye in the menswear. And again, this present matched the card I got for my younger brother! This one I will show you what it is as he won't be able to wear until mum takes it home for him!

It's a Star Wars Storm Trooper hoodie from Marc Ecko!

Most of you would think 'Huh?! What's so good about that?' but if you knew how much my brother is into Star Wars, you'd understand! :)

Happy Belated Birthday Ant and Dave!

2 comments:

Anthony said...

David will love that jumper.
I'm yet to see my card, but I shall be checking the post for it!

jediteoh said...

hahah that's awesome! thanks leeean =] don't worry, even I wasn't home for celebrations! hehe can't wait to get my hands on that!