Sunday, February 28, 2010

That Blue Door

So I went to the famous area called Notting Hill - yes, the one where Hugh Grant falls in love with Julia Roberts behind that blue door and in the bookshop. Except I never saw the blue door, which is apparently black now, or the bookshop, which is apparently no longer a bookshop? I will have to go back and see if I can find the locations.
But I had other things to entertain me like the Portobello Markets! It stretches on for miles and miles with everything from antiques to food to fashion. This was definitely my kind of market (no emo or goth in sight!) :) It's like Carribean Gardens back home... only much bigger!

It was a beautiful day to go to the markets! The sun was shining!

For lunch, I tried Portobello's famous and very popular paella. They have these huge pans (as you can see above) where they cook 2 different types of paella - chicken and seafood. Some people just stand there for the entertainment as its fascinating to see it cooked in such large quantity! But the saying 'quality not quantity' doesn't apply here... they give you the best of both!
My yummy chicken paella!
No, they don't give you the whole pan (lol) but they do give you quite a lot for 5 pounds!
For dessert I had a banana and nutella crepe!

After I had spent 3 and a half hours at the market, Jake told me to have a stroll through Kensington Gardens which was a few minutes walk away. Parks and gardens over here are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait till summer here, I'm going to visit as many parks/gardens as I can!

I even met the queen there! :P

No comments: