Thursday, July 1, 2010

Anna has Landed!

Anna has been here for nearly 2 months now and it has been great having a friend from Melbourne to hang out with. I had been looking forward to going out with Anna because I knew hanging out with her would mean I would be introduced to exciting and sometimes embarrasing things I would never try by myself :)

These photos were from the first Australia soccer match in the World Cup. We went to an Aussie Walkabout Pub in Finchley Road.

I know this photo is a little blurry but I really like it :)

Here's a better one for those of you squinting your eyes at the last one :)

Anna's first influence on me: introducing me to Bulmers Pear Cider!
It's not too bad... but still only managed to drink half a glass!
Nearly everyone in the pub had covered themselves in Australian outfits. From flags tied around their waist or used as capes, Australian flags painted on their arms, face, legs etc., gold and green clothing etc. The girls and I felt ashamed to be Australian at that point. Lucky for me, I had brought along my dear Oz Bear to feel somewhat patriotic!
It was a fun new experience watching my first ever soccer match AND watching it in a pub! If I have this much fun with Anna all the time then I can't wait till Melly arrives! Wonder what crazy adventures we three will get up to?! :D

No comments: