Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Profession

Last weekend I had no plans to go out so I made myself useful by helping Jake fix up our backyard which looks like this at the moment:

And around the corner to your left, there is a small alley way. Unfortunately I forgot to take a before shot but if you look at the photo below, the part where it is has weeds, that's what the whole alley way looked like before I was set to work.

After 6 hours (with two short breaks in between), about 20 bags of sand, 28 pavers (not including the half pavers along the right hand side), a spade, a wheelbarrow, a bubble level, and a piece of wood for flattening... below is the finished product:

Now while Jake supervised, checked the technical side of it, emptied the heavy bags of sand and placed the pavers down that my little arms could not lift, the rest I can say I did all by myself! The alley way leads all the way down to my bedroom window so I thought because I did most of the work (though Jake may argue otherwise), I thought I should claim it as my piece of work!


Can you see what's on my window?


:)
Then last night I helped Jake fix the plumbing under our bathtub. It was leaking and the water had soaked a hole in the wall next to it which means we had to do something about it quickly. As his assistant, I held the torchlight and passed Jake his tools while watching him pull, prode, tighten, twist and assemble the bath back together. He's definitely a Mr. Fix It!

At this rate, I think I should count all this practical experience towards becoming a paver and a plumber! :)

1 comment:

Basil said...

looks good Lee-Ean however...doesn't this go against the no exercise policy you enforced>>???