Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Wee Country of Scotland

And so on the 3rd of August, I embarked on Europe trip No. 2 - Scotland!
Hello Glasgow! How green you are!


The amount of lush green surroundings was amazing! All that rain has to do some good I guess!


The underground train station in the city centre.
Waiting for my train to take me to Anniesland - the area I was staying.


I arrived at my hostel around 4 in the afternoon so I didn't have much time to explore Glasgow (especially by the time I figured how to get around to places). In the end, I decided to go back to the city centre and visit the Tourist Visitors Information Centre to get some ideas of what to do for the next few days.

The tourist centre happened to be near the famous George Square.
Yes, the weather was gloomy.

Am I back in Melbourne??? :)


Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of where I stayed (picture below if from their website) but it was called Alba Hostel.
It was a nice place in a quiet area. There didn't seem to be many people about in the hostel when I arrived but that changed later in the night. Around 11ish, the noise started to get louder, just when I wanted to sleep! I stayed in a 4 dorm, all females with private bathroom. When it says 'private bathroom', I thought that we would have a bathroom just to ourselves and therefore wouldnt have to wait. But what I now understand it means is that it is a bathroom containing a toilet, shower and sink and you can use it by yourself. But you still have to share with the other people which meant you still had to queue for the bathroom in the mornings and at night. It wasn't too bad though - just make sure you dont want the bathroom when everyone else does!
I had an early sleep as I had to get up the next morning at 6:30am to be at George Square at 7:30am for my tour...

No comments: