Monday, August 9, 2010

Leaving Scotland Behind

On the 2nd last day of my trip, I met a girl in my dorm who was catching the same flight as me back to London. Adela is from Czech Republic and is also a teacher - but an English teacher for college students.


On the last day of my travels in Scotland, my new friend, Adela and I went to visit Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. I had read about this attraction on many of the travel websites and therefore was on my to do list.



The best way to describe it is think about the 'Night at the Museum' movie.


Instead of the big dinosaur that was in the movie, they had an elephant instead :) I was almost expecting it to come alive! :P





One of my favourite animals in Scotland: the Highland Calf.
Basically they're hairy cows :)


I was fascinated by this artistic display. Hanging from fishing wire, faces with random facial expressions looked like they were floating in the air.



I still had some time to kill before boarding my flight so decided to check out the shopping areas in Glasgow.


Popular shopping street - reminded me of Bourke Street in Melbourne.




A random sign I saw on top of a building. Not sure what it was there for but I had to take a photo of it :)


Oz Bear kept me company on my trip.
He's sitting in George Square enjoying the only day where the sun shone brightly for us :)


Prestwick Airport: small and deserted!


It was so small that the check in desks only ever had 2 people managing it, the arrival and departure areas were the same thing, only 2 shops for you to browse while waiting and all this was just around the corner from each other!



Goodbye Scotland... until we meet again...

No comments: