Monday, July 12, 2010

iTunes Festival

My first and second music concert was at The Roundhouse in Chalk Farm.



Concert No. 1:
It was a small low key crowd, watching Tony Bennett perform live! :) Now, if you had asked me back home to attend his concert, I probably would have said no. But these tickets were free and I was going with good company so I told myself 'Why not?' And I'm so glad I did. Tony Bennett was so charming and really knew how to entertain the crowd - yes, even at 84 years old! His performance was simple yet he had a genuine warm lovable personality that made you want to listen to his songs all night! I was so disappointed when it was over! (still waiting for Anna to send me photos from the night.)


Then a week later, Anna managed to get another 2 tickets to the festival.

Concert No. 2:
This time it was for two younger bands that I had never heard of: Wild Beasts and The XX. Let's just say my second music concert wasn't as great as the first... mainly because it wasn't my type of music.

Wild Beasts - sorry, can't really see the band members in this photo.

The XX


The highlight of this night (besides spending it with Anna :P) was finally getting to experience one of these sparkly confetti machines! I've only ever watched it happen on TV and wondered what it was like to actually be on stage when it happens. And thanks to Anna, we were at the very front and therefore got to experience the full effect of it! It was so cool!


I feel sorry for the cleaners who have to clean up after it though! :P

No comments: