Friday, March 25, 2011

Birthday Fun - Part 1

I remember celebrating my birthday here in London last year and it was a very emotional time. Not only was I away from home, family and close friends, I also didn't have many friends over here at the time. Luckily, my adopted parents, Jake and Audrey and adopted big sister, Wern Yi, made up for the 'homesickness' I was feeling :) So this year was very different. I can't believe I've been here for nearly over a year and a half. Looking back, I have achieved so much more than I planned including meeting some amazing people who have become some of my dearest friends. I often try to think of ways of how I can pack them up in my suitcase and take them home with me :) For my birthday, Jake and Audrey took me to Gordon Ramsey's hotel restaurant, York and Albany. I still haven't figured out how to use my camera to take good photos in dimmed light so I don't have any nice photos of the food we ate. Unfortunately, I wasn't actually impressed with the food we ate. It could be because we ordered from a set menu as Audrey got a voucher from lastminute.com which was 25pounds for a three course meal. When I looked around at what people around me were eating, it looked a lot nicer :(

No comments: