Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Birthday Fun - Part 2

So on the day of my actual birthday, Kum took me out for brunch at... you guessed it, The Breakfast Club :) I was only just there the week before but there are so many yummy things on the menu that I could go there every weekend :)


Kum and his Eggs Royale




About to gobble up my Eggs Florentine.




I had decided to make my own birthday cupcakes to take to my dinner that night. But when I got home, I found this:


...Audrey had already made me this amazing cake :D

Sponge cake with cream and jam.


Birthday Dinner

For my brithday dinner, I decided to be a little different. Instead of just having a dinner with friends, I went one step futher and booked a restaurant with a karaoke room! :D I'd have to say that I have never actually been to a karaoke bar/restaurant before and I was a little nervous about whether everyone else would enjoy it. I invited everyone I knew in London (which was a total of 25 people :P) Some I knew would love singing, others not so much. But I've learnt, never underestimate the power karaoke can have on people :)

The restaurant, Sushi Hiroba in Holborn.


The restaurant is actually very popular. People line up for ages just to get a seat. The food is really good, the decor inside feels authentic and welcoming and the staff are friendly. Will definitely go back there again just for a meal. Unfortunately they don't cater for very big groups. The karaoke rooms were downstairs away from the public (which was definitely a good thing. Nothing worse than trying to enjoy your meal with people sounding like dying cows in the karaoke rooms :P). We had to eat in the karaoke room because I had such a large group of people which suited us fine.


People, including myself, felt a little nervous getting in front of the mic at first. But after a few drinks and a few warm up songs, everyone was fighting for the microphone :P By the end of the night, some of us had lost our voice from singing at the top of our lungs. My worries about people not enjoying themselves and not getting along definitely disappeared very early in the evening :)


Anna and Bharat

Nat and Kum

Audrey and Jake

Like parents, Audrey and Jake met all my friends, greeted them, talked to them, made sure they were comfortable and thanked them for coming. haha. Definitely something my real parents would do back home :)


Wern Yi and Jeremy


WY and I were trying to cut Jeremy out of the picture... clearly didn't do a very good job :P


My Coppermill Girls :)


Bottom: Amba, Bernadette and Rhian (Rhian, who said 'No, I don't sing' when I first invited her, was one of the best singers all night! :D Karaoke working it's magic :P)

Next to me: Amanda


Adam (Bernadette's boyfriend), Gerard and Anna (Bernadette's brother and sister). They had just come from having dinner with their parents.


Blowing out the candles :)


Everyone enjoying themselves


Something I'll miss when I go home - having all my London friends in one room :(



And on top of all that, Audrey offered to give me a birthday hairstyle:



Pretty talented huh? :)



Thank you those who came and celebrated my birthday with me. It was one of the best birthdays I've had :)

No comments: