Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dinner with the Yams&Smithers

Wern Yi's parents are here for 3 weeks on holidays. They kindly invited me over for dinner to enjoy an authentic Hainanese chicken rice made from scratch :) Wern Yi's aunty carefully supervised her every step (and there are a lot of stpes) along the way.
The delicious dinner

The chilli garlic sauce was amazing! :) My chilli tolerance has gone up as the Aunties had said the chilli sauce was quite hot... after I had placed a big blob of it on my plate! But when I ate it, I thought it had just the right amount of hotness :)



After dinner, Wern-Yi and Jeremy introduced us to a different way of playing Monopoly.



The game is similar to Happy Family where you have to collect the same colour sets of property. Once you have collected three sets, you win. It was quite fun once everyone started to understand the game better. The game got interesting and quite funny when there was rivalry between mother and daughter :)


Jeremy's game face :)

The cats were happily enjoying a snooze on the chairs.

Simba


Chomel

No comments: