Saturday, April 30, 2011

A 'Taste' of Amsterdam

Amsterdam's tourist slogan should be 'Food, Glorious Food'. The traditional Dutch food isn't that great but all the other cusines that they offer (which is pretty much everything from around the world) is amazing! I'd come back just for the food :)

So after our tour, on our way to lunch, we passed one of my favourite shops in Amsterdam... a cupcake/deli shop :)


On one half they had cupcakes galore from little, big and cake size cupcakes ranging from various flavours including coconut, banana, vanilla, mocha, strawberry and cream etc. You could even watch the baker making them on the spot! :) The other half was the deli where you could buy meats, sandwiches, salads. Definitely recommend going there if you're in Amsterdam.

We dined at a Dutch pub for lunch.

Tradition Dutch Food
Stampot: mashed potato/sauerkraut and chorizo sausage.
Wouldn't say I'm a fan of it :P)



This on the other hand - Poffertjes (small fluffy pancakes) - I love :)



The Sutch seem big on their patisseries and cafes. Around every corner you would find a place filled with muffins, pastries, cakes and other little sweets that looked delicious. We found this place along one of the main shopping streets. They're not big muffins, or large... they're extra extra large! :D


Colourful clogs :)

Cheese, cheese, cheese.

Look, I found Australia! :)

Was an ice cream palour that sold ice cream and...
...Australian chocolate?

We lined up at the Van Gogh Museum not knowing how long we would have to wait but surprisingly it moved quickly. Maybe because we went there late afternoon.


My favourite painting...
Almond Blossom :
One day I will buy a copy to hang on the wall of my future house.


Dinner was at a place called Kantjil, Indonesion cuisine.


The best Indonesian food I've ever had! (Sorry Hendry! :P)


We met up with Daniel and Lydia for 'dessert' and went to a place called Jolly Joker.


We shared a 'muffin'.


Ok, so when I say we, I didn't have any. I just couldn't do it. Maybe next time.

No comments: