Friday, June 10, 2011

Hala Madrid 2

Day 2 started off with brunch at my favourite place in Madrid - Mereado de San Miguel :)


And on the menu was a variety of pinchos (which were amazingly delicious!)

And croquettes.

Next stop, the Temple of Debod - an Egyptian temple which was rebuilt here in Spain.


View of Madrid with the Royal Palace in the background.


The Rastro - the longest flea market in Madrid. Unfortunately we got there when it was closing so you can't see many stalls set up.

We did, however, stumble across this food place where people were queuing up for ages... all for this:

and this...

Don't ask me what it is. All I know is that it looks like pinchos but on a bigger scale and with werid seafood and meat toppings... and the Spanish love it!


This is me showing my excitement about touring the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, Madrid's football (soccer) stadium. Thanks to Kum, I am being educated on many football stadiums throughout Europe :)

Meet Mr. Bernabeu :)


The Stadium




The stadium was our last visit before heading back home. But we were slightly delayed by another downpour...

...and therefore had to take shelter in my favourite place for some sweets :)

A fantastic weekend...
until we missed our flight thanks to me writing down the wrong times! >.<

No comments: