Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stonehenge and Bath Round 2

Our trip to Bath found us some travelling buddies :) Daniel and Lydia had coincidentally booked to go to Bath the same weekend as us and Dan offered to give us a lift there in his car.

On our way we decided to visit the 'famous pile of rocks' - Stonehenge :)
It was super windy that day as you can probably tell from my hair :)


Once we had all settled into our accomodation, we met up for lunch and explored the Roman Baths together.

As this is my second time to Bath, I don't think it's necessary for me to comment on it again :) Refer to my older posts about Bath :)



The last time I came here it was on a tour. Day tours are great for getting a taste of the city but not if you want to explore the city properly. It was nice coming back and being able to take our time.

Like a kid looking in a very expensive lolly shop :P

The famous 'Circus' in Bath.


Examples of beautiful Georgian architecture.


Trying to look like I live here :)


The other famous Georgian houses at The Royal Crescent

30 houses lined in the shape of a crescent :)



Dinner was at: Jamie's Italian

I found out that there's also one in London at Covent Garden. If you do want to eat here (and I recommend you do) you will have to go early to line up. We had to line up for about 40mins and then wait even longer at the bar before we could actually get a table.

Pre dinner drinks... I had a cocktail that made me a little tipsy after drinking half of it :)

Entrees were the best:
Crispy Polenta Chips with parmesan

Arincini


Selection of breads

Full and satisfied :)

The following day, it was beautiful weather for a relaxing stroll around Bath. Kum and I walked along the river heading towards Prior Park.


Unfortunately when we got there, we didn't realise that this park wasn't a park. It was a garden that you had to pay to get into to :( We didn't have much time as we had to go back to the centre to meet up with Dan and Lydia so we would have wasted our money to only stay for a few minutes. And it was a long walk uphill just to get there! So long that we took the bus back to town :P

Afternoon tea before we headed back to London:


The famous Sally Lunn buns :)

Kum had a bum with raspberry jam.


I decided to try the scones as I had the buns last time I came.

No comments: